Who is Jet2.com?
Jet2.com is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dart Group PLC. Dart Group PLC is an aviation services and distribution group whose shares have been quoted on the London Stock Market since 1988.
When did the company start?
Jet2.com has been flying commercial aircraft for almost 30 years, initially under the name, Channel Express (Air Services) but as Jet2.com since 2003.
Charter passenger operations started in 2001, offering high quality corporate and specialist services, whilst Jet2.com flights took off from Leeds Bradford in 2003.
In 2004 the Manchester base was opened, with Jet2.com unveiling the largest ever single commitment made to Manchester Airport by any scheduled airline, and the following year the Newcastle base was launched. That same year saw us acquire two Boeing 757-200 aircrafts which helped them launch routes from Blackpool and Edinburgh.
While historically based at Bournemouth on the South Coast, the full operation and headquarters moved to Leeds Bradford Airport in West Yorkshire during 2006. The acquisition of further Boeing 737 and 757 aircraft from other airlines has aided our growth leading to the launch of flights from Belfast International Airport and East Midlands Airport.
In 2007, Jet2holidays was launched as the package holiday sister company to Jet2.com. This allowed holidaymakers to get the full package from one company.
The eighth and latest Jet2.com base to launch was Glasgow. It was announced in 2010 and opened early 2011. We continue to acquire aircraft, now owning 38 that help us to serve 55 routes, including sun, city and ski destinations.
Where do we fly to and from?
Jet2.com offer flights from eight UK airports. These are Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle, Blackpool, Edinburgh, Belfast, East Midlands and most recently Glasgow. The Glasgow base opened in March 2011.
These eight UK bases serve flights, and package holidays through sister company Jet2holidays, to Alicante, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Belfast, Bergerac (France), Berlin, Bodrum, Budapest, Chambery, Corfu, Cork, Crete, Paphos (Cyprus), Larnaca (Cyprus), Dalaman, Dubrovnik (Croatia), Dusseldorf, Faro (Algarve), Geneva, Gran Canaria, Ibiza, Istanbul, Jersey, Krakow, Kos, La Rochelle (France), Lanzarote, Madeira, Majorca, Malaga, Menorca, Milan, Murcia, Nice, Paris, Pisa, Prague, Pula, Reus, Rhodes, Rome, Salzburg, Sardinia, Split (Croatia), Tel Aviv, Tenerife, Toulouse and Venice.
Awards for Jet2.com
Over the years Jet2.com have picked up a number of awards, some of these are listed below:
- Best Newcomer to Tourism in the White Rose Awards 2004 - a very prestigious award in the Yorkshire Region - sponsored by the Yorkshire Tourist Board.
- Best Short Haul UK Airline - for customer satisfaction - voted by the readers of the Guardian and Observer newspapers - May 04
- World's most punctual airline operating into Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport during 2003
- Crowned Best Short Haul Airline at the Globe Travel Awards 2012
- Best airline for Mainland Spain and Balearics, as well as the Canaries following a short-haul airline satisfaction survey by Which? magazine
- Best Low Cost Airline in the Scottish Passenger Agents Association Awards